Agency - Contract Terms & Conditions
Booking contracts are negotiated by SAN Entertainment (the ‘agent’) between the ‘client’ and the ‘artist’. In this respect, SAN Entertainment acts as an employment agency in issuing contracts and cannot be held responsible for non fulfilment of bookings or non-payment
SAN Entertainment is from hereon known as The Company. A Client is another person/or Business requesting and booking a service, or purchaser of product and The Artist is a self employed individual performing or providing the service.
This document is also in accordance with our Code of Conduct and documents relating to Safety any other document relating other legal issues and all documents must be read, agreed with and understood by any parties conducting business either with or through The Company, Conducting business with or through The Company constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions and any other documents mentioned herein.
All Text and Images contained on this Website remain the property of The Company. Images and Text contained on The Company's Websites must not be copied, used or posted to any other website without the express written permission of The Company and/or The Artist. Using Text and/or images from The Company's Websites breaks copyright law. Should The Company's Websites have a photograph of you or your child that you wish to be removed, please contact us and it will be removed if practical and as soon as possible. Please note that any images that may or may not be shown on this Website relating to special effects wounds are not real and No persons have been harmed and wounds are created by using special materials such as latex and wax. Please note that whilst these images and images of partially clothed people are shown in order to conduct our business, every effort has been made so as not to cause general offence.
The Company may collect and store information about your business with us. This information is used by us to conduct our business with you. Your personal information, specifically name, address, telephone number, will not be shared, however Clients do accept and agree that minimal personal information, specifically address of venue, contact name must be shared with the Artist or Entertainer.
The booking offered is subject to availability and The Company shall have no obligation in this respect to client or artist. Bookings will not be secured unless signed confirmation and/or deposit has been received by The Company.
1. A booking is not deemed to be confirmed until a deposit of 15% (included in the total fee), or an amount agreed between SAN Entertainment and the Customer has been paid. Financial settlement to take place by cash at the start of the performance(s), or by cheque . If additional performance time is required, the fee for such time must be agreed with, and paid to the DJ(s) at that time. All other methods of payment will be by mutual agreement.
2. Any cancellations or notified changes must be made at least 30 days prior to the date of event. If you fail to cancel your booking before this date you will be charged the full booking fee. This ruling may be wavered in very extreme circumstances, or should we manage to fulfil the date prior to the booking date. Booking deposits will not be refunded under any circumstances.
3. Paying a booking deposit for your event or function is a 100% binding guarantee of contract and reservation of your function date. Invoice balances outstanding after 30 days will incur interest charged at 8% per month above the Bank of England base rate and also statutory debt recovery costs of £40.00..
4. Any non payment of a deposit within 7 days could allow us to change our work schedule without prior notice.
5. The client / hirer is responsible for any damage to our equipment caused by any person at your event. You will be charged for the full cost of any repairs, or replacements required. You will be advised of any damage as soon as it is caused.
6. We do not tolerate violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour from anyone under any circumstances.
7. We also reserve the right to terminate our services at any time that we feel our personal safety is under threat. We do not take responsibility for ejecting any unwanted persons from any venue. You will be advised of any problems that we may have in this respect with any of your guests.
8. In the event of fire, flooding, public disturbance, terrorist activity or any other threat to the public, we will not be responsible to evacuate any venue or building where we are present and / or working within, unless the fire regulations for the venue specify otherwise. This would usually incur a vocal announcement.
9. Failed payment of any fees owed within 14 days after the date of the event will result in pending legal action. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
10. We need a minimum of one hour (2 hours on larger visual roadshows) to enter a venue and set up prior to the start time and also a similar time allowance at the end of the night to pack up.
11. If you are booking other entertainment as well as hiring ourselves, please consider the amount of space available and where you are going to put the disco. Speaker location is usually best if it is no greater than 10 metres either side from the position of the presenter.
12. We reserve the right to refuse to continue any event prior to the start should there be insufficient floor space which would not allow the audio and lighting equipment to be assembled safely.
13. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure equipment booked is suitable for use at the event venue. No refunds, part of full, will be given for non-use of specific equipment that cannot be used due to any venue restrictions imposed. Not all disco equipment is designed to fit through narrow doorways and/ or up staircases. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us of any access restrictions that may impede set up or restrict equipment use.
14. Only staff employed by us may operate our equipment. Under no circumstances may unauthorised personnel tamper, move or attempt to use equipment owned by ourselves. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to property, or injury to persons caused directly by third party intervention.
15. We reserve the right to substitute alternative entertainment should uncontrollable circumstances dictate the need to do so.
16. We will not be responsible for any damage or loss to private or public property caused by invited or uninvited guests.
17. All roadshow equipment that is used is checked prior to arrival and has been fully tested for safety by a qualified electrical engineer. If we are linking our equipment within a fixed in-house audio system, we reserve the right to refuse to do so if the equipment is considered to be unsafe or liable to cause damage to any component linked to it. The hirer is liable if post inspections prove that damage has been caused by faulty equipment other than ours
18. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure that there is an adequate provision of electrical power within ten metres of our set-up point. We require a minimum of 2 x 13amp outlets dedicated purely for our equipment (not in the form of an extension lead). Any damage caused to our equipment by an inadequate power supply or power interruption is the responsibility of the hirer.
19. The hirer/client is fully responsible for any damage caused to the equipment caused by the use of noise limiters and the subsequent cut off and reintroduction of power without our consultation.
20. All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment & liquor licenses. We are not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their license.
21. The Entertainment and there assistants will conduct themselves in a proper manner throughout there attendance at the venue, and will respond the Management's requests as to volume, sitting of equipment and, or any other reasonable requests.
22. We will not be liable for non-fulfilment of this contract by the Management and, or the Entertainner, although every reasonable precautions will be taken. In the event of the client seeking compensation, we will not be liable under any such claim, and the contracted Entertainer will only be liable for a sum up to and not exceeding the contracted amount. We reserve the right to alter any or all of the above at any time. E & OE.
The artist shall be deemed a self employed individual or company and will be responsible for their own National Insurance Contributions and Tax. The Company is not responsible for any non fulfilment of contracts by artists but every reasonable safeguard is assured. Failure by artist to attend a booking made, venue, event etc., and be ready to perform for any reason whatsoever will result in non-payment by The Company to the artist and the artist agrees to pay the difference between the contracted fee and the fee for any replacement act supplied. Except for illness, in which case the artist is required for provide a medical certificate to The Company within 4 days. Artists agree to represent The Company and act in a professional and responsible manner at all times. Artists agree and accept that they must be able to provide relevant Insurance upon request. Artists can provide references upon request.
Artists agree that non compliance with this and any other document displayed on The Company's Website, ie., privacy, copyright, code of conduct etc., entitles The Company to withhold payment from the Artist indefinitely and in total. The Artist does agree that acceptance of a booking on behalf of or through The Company means that they have accepted these terms and conditions and any other related document associated with The Company and The Company's Websites.
The display and / or presentation of any artists address and / or telephone number of any DJ at any engagement negotiated by SAN Entertainment will be deemed as a breach of contract and may render the DJ liable to pay severe damages. Any dj giving out their own business cards at any booking negotiated by SAN Entertainment will be removed from our books immediately
The client and the artist agree that any future bookings (within 12 months) arising from any SAN Entertainment booking will be booked through our office, this includes bookings from any third party attending the booking.
Any agreement negotiated through this agency shall be subject to these terms and conditions unless agreed in writing by all concerned parties. In particular, any conflicting terms of business shall have no effect with respect to any such contracts. All contracts to which these conditions apply shall be Construed in accordance with English law.
All Artists supplied through The Company agree that any enquiries generated from bookings made will be transacted through and passed to The Company. Artists agree to represent The Company (promote and/or give out Company business cards, flyers, promotional items if required to do so) and to perform to the best of their ability and always act in a professional and responsible manner. Clients must conduct any further business with any Artist supplied by The Company through The Company for a period of 12 months from the date of the last booking made with the Artist concerned.
SAN Entertainment Equipment Hire - Contract Terms & Conditions
This contract includes our free delivery offer on the date of the event for up to 30 miles from our office to the event (each-way) and ground level equipment access (or ramp/elevator). Delivery outside this 30mile ‘free’ radius is charged at 50p.p.m each way up-to the total distance from our office, see above charge (if any). This offer may be withdrawn at any time and is at the discretion of the contractor.
All contracts require the payment of a deposit within 7(seven) days of receipt of this contract to secure the booking. Our standard deposit amount is £50. Where a delivery charge is applicable we require this fee to be paid in place of the standard deposit unless delivery fee is less than the £50 amount. i.e. – if the delivery cost is over £50 this higher sum becomes the deposit amount. A receipt shall be issued upon request for all monies received.
The outstanding CASH ONLY balance to be paid directly upon delivery of the equipment/set-up, Or Pickup of equipment. Please note: operation may therefore not proceed until final payment has been made.
Where an agreed payment schedule has been arranged between SAN Entertainment and the customer (monthly invoiced account payments/BACS etc) the stated settlement terms of 14 days from invoice date must be adhered to or such credit terms and/or discounts currently given may be withdrawn.
The customer will be responsible for any damage, normal wear and tear excluded, to equipment provided during the above time period, including a one hour set-up and pack-up time period before and after the specific time period stated above, unless damage is due to negligence of the contractors. Also SAN Entertainment would require a £250 Holding Cheque which will be given back to you on pickup if no damage to on my supplied equipment As my DJ will not be around this will enable you to make sure my equipment is looked after by your DJ and guest.
The equipment of SAN Entertainment provided for the named performance / event is not available for use by other persons (public use) except by specific permission of SAN Entertainment.
It is the responsibility of the customer to take all reasonable steps by way of stipulation in booking or providing the venue for the event, to ensure a safe and suitable supply of electricity. Please note that all our equipment runs on standard UK mains 13amp outlets, typically drawing approximately 2.0kw.
The contractor is not responsible for power outages or acts of God, nor is the contractor responsible for any equipment that fails at the event. In the unlikely event that equipment fails, the contractor will, on a best effort basis, find suitable back-up equipment. The contractor is not responsible for any damage to the venue where the services are provided, nor is the contractor responsible for any injuries which may occur, for whatever reason.
Notice of cancellation by the customer shall be in writing and delivered to the contractor before 1(one) calendar month prior to the above event, in which case a full refund, if any due, with exception of the deposit, will be expedited. If such notification is not given, the contractors will assess the full service fee, including the deposit. The deposit is non-refundable for any reason [other than as stated below], even if the 1(one) month notice is given. If the customer, for any reason, is delinquent on payment date above, the unpaid balance will be subject to a 5% financing/debtor charge. Forms of payment include cash, cheque and bank transfer/BACS (account details given on all invoices). Cheques will only be accepted when received at least 14 calendar days (2 weeks) prior to the above event date. As stated above – customers wishing to pay the balance on the event date must ensure only cash payment is made.
Faults with equipment must be reported IMMEDIATELY they occur. The on-call duty engineer can be reached 24hours on 08005118712. We shall endeavour to rectify the problem as soon as possible. No allowance can be made for faults reported upon equipment return/collection. Similarly blown lamps in lighting equipment MUST be returned to us for inspection. Non-returns will be charged for.
All equipment remains the property of SAN Entertainment at all times. Loss, damage, or theft of any items shall be the responsibility of the customer to whom service is provided. All costs of repair or replacement of items shall be paid for in full upon request by the customer.
This contract is to be signed and returned by the customer with the required deposit as soon as possible. Upon receipt by the contractor, equipment and personnel will be allocated on a first received first served basis for the event date. If the contractor is able to fulfil the requirements of the event, the deposit becomes non-refundable, and all of the terms and conditions of this agreement become binding. A signed copy of this agreement will be returned to the customer upon request. If suitable equipment and/or personnel are no longer available the contractor will return the deposit with a written explanation of the situation within 5 business days of the receipt of the contract.
SAN Entertainment Shop Terms & Conditions
At SAN Entertainment we aim to be the most efficient and helpful company within our marketplace and will do everything we can to assist any queries you have that can approach by calling: 0800 2118712
VAT is not included on any purchases which means that the price you see is what you pay unless delivery charges are involved.
No items are supplied on a trial basis.
We accept all major credit and debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Visa Electron, Solo, Delta and Switch via PAYPAL. There are no additional charges for using any of these cards. We reserve the right to ship to only the cards holding address. We can also accept cheques from either a business or personal kind but you will have to bear in mind we work on a basis of 10 working days from the cheque arrives to dispatch the goods.
We aim to keep our stock levels accurate but in the event that an item is ordered that we have not in stock we will contact you straight away.
Items that are shipped from SAN ENtertainment are insured by our couriers pending the postal option.
Any delivery claims for either damaged on non-delivered items must be made within 7 days of the expected delivery date.
If a consumer exercises his/her right to cancel, SAN ENtertainment shall reimburse any payment made within 21 days from the date he/she gave such notice of cancellation. The consumer shall not be entitled to a repayment in the event that:-
* he/she does not take reasonable care of the goods pre or post cancellation. for the purposes of this clause, a consumer shall be deemed not to have taken reasonable care of the goods if such goods are not kept packed in their original box, with all accessories, manuals and interconnects and the internal or external packaging is damaged in any way or the goods are marked, damaged or not in the same condition in which they were sold.
The consumer is responsible for the cost in returning any unwanted items.
Deposits to hold goods are non refundable.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.